Thursday, January 19, 2012

THE VERDICT IS : BREAST CANCER

Its been one week since the biopsy took place, my scar is fading ,my anxiety is growing day by day.In the back of my mind i knew ,i have something that is not a common cyst .I didn't feel good since October.I was getting tired easily, always smile silly mood turned into something i couldn't even categorize.And that new kind of daze 'diziness' just throw me off all the time.It's the weirdest of all symptoms so fare.Feels like I'm drunk my head is spinning and my eyes have to catch up to  the view.It's awful ,specially when I'm serving food,i have to focus on my balance so i don't serve myself on the costumer lol The other annoying symptom i developed is this fever like feeling ....but only on my face.You would not believe how hot my face can get.I could fry some eggs on my forehead i swear.Funny thing is the thermometer show no fever !?

My doctor called,my results are in.I went to see her the next day.When i saw her ,i knew she was not in the mood to break this news for me.I feelt sorry for her for a minute.She told me that the biopsy ,mammo and US confirm that i have a stage 2+ ish breast cancer.IDC the name of this type of cancer,which travels through the glands,and mine already went to my axillary and turned into cancer.I suppose that's why they call it invasive.I was in 'my daze' it just didn't get to my brain yet.
-So what am i doing next?-i asked her, hoping she will say -Well take this  red pill and this tylenol 3x a day and say a prayer every night ,and you be ok in a week.
She said,she will transfer all my files to Bellevue Hospital,where i'll meet my surgion.I was told that my right boob have to go bye bye for sure.I should also count on getting chemotheraphy,and drugs.....lots of drugs. She said i'll have tons of more tests,and i'll meet amazing people they will  care about me and will get the best treatment possible.And i was on the street again calling Katie,but wont be able to speak.My throat closed up ,i could't see from my tears that i was holding back there. 

3 comments:

  1. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT IDC
    http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/types/idc/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zsani- you will fight this and beat it. You are one of most amazing people I know. Stay strong- we are here for you, in every way. Love you xoxo Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Barb ;) i love you too! see you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete